Thursday, August 29, 2013

More Animal Love

This summer I feel like we have spent more time with animals then I have in the past decade.  Maybe we should become members of Peta or something.  Those of you familiar with Logan, we hit up the Cache Valley Fair last month.  Most of our time was spent with the animals as stated above.  Henley was more than intrigued with the pigs, sheep, horses, cows, etc.  Very exotic Logan.  I was mostly captured with the people watching.  Much to my disappointment we didn't get to spend very much time in the carnival section where all the magical people watching happens.  I did see two mid-drifts that I wish I would have never seen.  Those bad boys are burned in my memory forever.
 ^^Checking out the oinkers^^

 ^^There were tiny little piglets in this corral.  Super cute.  Makes me want to get a miniature piglet^^

 ^^Please let me touch Mom^^

 ^^Very focused on touching this lamb's nose^^

 ^^Don't forget the ever famous city displays made only out of food products.  I never appreciated this when I was a youngin.  Much more impressed these days.^^

We also stopped by Willow Park Zoo.  The fee to get in was $2.00 which makes sense.  The zoo consisted mostly of birds and anything slightly interesting was in a cage within a cage within a cage.  The emu's were by far the coolest thing there and Henley could actually see them.  Good thing we went with some really good company. 

 
^^See George?...Her stuffed giraffe she takes everywhere.  It seemed only appropriate to take him with us to the zoo.  At one point Hen threw George over a fence we were standing at.  I then climbed and leaned over the fence while Kristin held on to my pants.  Awesome/brave mom moment.  Wouldn't want to lose a $1.50 Walmart toy.  Too bad we didn't get a picture of that.^^
 
 ^^Lovely ladies and their babies^^

 ^^I wore my zebra shirt.  We were all sorts of appropriate with our accessories and attire that day.^^


 ^^Picking at the grass before we took off.^^

I would highly recommend the zoo if you need something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment