- We weren't planning on going home for Christmas this year. Had a baby. Made it happen. Three weeks of awesomeness in Utah.
- Visited the Hanks' first. Niccole finally meets Henley.
- Hanks' white elephant party. Always some good inappropriate gifts brought.
- Rich's Christmas Eve flight was cancelled due to a "sick" crew member. Lots of tears from an emotional wife.
- Mustache growing contest...you can't see Rich's mustache in any pictures. Next year they will have to do a neck beard contest so he can actually participate.
- Christmas Eve: lots of food, games, ping pong competition and more food
- Christmas Day: split between Hanks'/Bell's - tons of gifts and the whole side of the Bell's met the babe. It was a little stressful for me, however Henley handled it like a champ. Favorite gift was some clip in bangs believe it or not - I still can't figure out how to make them look cute in my hair.
- Swimming and sledding multiple times
- Henley's blessing (I'll post more about that later)
- New Year's chaos at the Bell's. I had a really hard time staying awake until midnight. Apparently I'm 80 years old.
- Ombre'd/melt my hair. Still unsure if I like it and I don't have a good picture of it because I'm stubborn.
- Colds and the flu. Not a Utah trip without it.
- Loved every minute of it. Bitter sweet leaving Utah behind and heading back to Iowa.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013
First time looking like a Kardashian baby in her leopard print.
First time experiencing snow. She wasn't sure what to think of it.
This picture really isn't a first since she is constantly drooling. Just a really cute picture.
First and last time falling asleep by the Christmas tree. She usually ended up talking to the tree and laughing. They had a hilarious and special relationship.
First time to see Santa Claus which she was indifferent/unimpressed with. She kinda blends in with Santa's shirt. Who knew he would be wearing a long sleeved Christmas shirt from Walmart? What happened to the red soft coat with white fur on the sleeves?!
First time she was pleasant after putting her in the "straight jacket" before bedtime.
First time she realized her voice was making the loud screaming noise. Ever since then it is hard to get her to stop babbling.