Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crossing Off the To-Do List

Simple DIY projects call my name.  Really simple.  I am not a seamstress or artist, although I wish I were.  There are a million DIY's wandering the world wide web and I have learned to stick with the easy-peasy ones.  I saw this ASOS Bonjour sweatshirt tutorial and thought I could tackle it and save some cash.  In the meantime, I have struggled finding onesies for Henley that are unique, affordable and don't have a huge monkey or butterfly on it.  Thus, the project went from a sweatshirt to a Bonjour onesie and I love how it turned out.  She wears it all the time and it goes with everything.  
  
^^Not the best shot of the shirt, but you get the point^^

After the Bonjour onesie was a success, I figured I could try to make another stencil with the magic freezer paper.  I think it turned out pretty cute. 
 

Then there is me.  I spotted this bad boy at Anthropologie and immediately fell in love with everything about it.  Except the price.  (The next week I met up with my sister and she of course had the gorgeous top on and had somehow bought it for a screamin' deal --she is the best deal finder evah).  Great news is, this amazing blogger had my same thoughts and created a tutorial.  The sewing was definitely for beginners so it was right up my alley.  I bought the black tee at Target and the material at JoAnn's for $1.25!  Total cost of the shirt was $9.25!  I am elated when I get a bargain and projects turn out.  I have worn this baby too many times to count. 
^^I'll say it so you don't have to -- I am not good at selfie's.^^
 
^^Taking a picture of my back is more difficult than I thought possible.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment