Thursday, July 11, 2013

Water Baby & On the Move

Well, we are here in Utah.  It wasn't sure what to expect.  I haven't lived with my parents since I was 19 so I think it is safe to say, I am used to my own space and things.  Great news is, the adjustment has been fantastic!  My parents are awesome to live with and Henley loves having more people around.  Staring at my face all day just gets boring.  Can't blame the girl.  The hard part is going to be leaving.  I didn't expect that at all.  The easiest part is going to be with Richard again.  Gosh we miss him. 

Henley is still obsessed with water.  Splash pads, puddles, sprinklers, pools, bath tubs...you name it, she loves it.  It has kind of become a difficult going outside because she wants to stop and touch every sprinkler we pass or wet spot on the cement.  
 
 
^^Very focused on splashing.  Excuse the immodesty.  She wanted to get in right away, thus no swimsuit.^^
 ^^She made the transition to the big bath tub beautifully.  She can't get enough of her reflection in that little metal circle.^^

 ^^Getting our feet wet in the backyard.^^

She has officially started crawling a few weeks ago!!  I felt like every other kid younger than her had already picked it up and people would comment on it.  I honestly wasn't worried about it and knew that she would pick it up on her own time as most kids do.  She is all over the place now.  Pulling herself up, climbing, emptying out drawers and cupboards.  Very, very independent already which is a little intimidating.
 ^^Pike.  Her famous move when looking through a book^^

Her current fixation is sticks/poles.  I'm not really sure what to call it.  The girl adores anything that is cylindrical.  Below is a robotic dog that has a leash/stick.  She likes the dog - - LOVES the leash.  Other items we will see her frequently carrying around - - a brush (she loves the handle), pool stick (no lie), toothbrush, broom, etc.  The list goes on.  Maybe she will be a baton twirler.  Heaven help me.  Below she did not want me taking her picture.  Actions say it all. 
 ^^Hanging out in the laundry room with the swiffer.^^
The other great thing about living at home, is my parents love (or say they do) to babysit and take her around.  Such a nice break.  I posted this picture on Instagram last week, however it is too classic to not re-post.  And NO, this was not set up as many people have asked.  Real life here.  My dad keeps saying "If anything were to happen I was ready.  I swear I had one hand on her." Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment