Friday, July 26, 2013

Puffy Face

First of all...met up with some friends this week.  So terrific!  Un-terrific part...I was so wrapped up in conversation, I didn't take any pictures.  Next time.  I have missed being able to talk about any and everything with these gals.  One of the best parts of my week for sure.  The cherry on the top was the babies did so well on the long drive to the big city.  Oh the little things really do make a difference.

On to the puffy face.  On Wednesday I woke up around 5:30 to feed the munchkin and while doing so, I noticed my face felt weird.  Weird like, super tight weird.  Like I could barely see outta my already small eyes weird.  After the above mentioned feeding, I scampered into the bathroom to check out the damage.  Low and behold I looked like I had been hit in the face with a baseball bat, minus the bruising.  My eyes were little slits due to my eyelids blowing up like balloons.  Not pretty and I do not regret not getting a picture of it.  I switched my pillows assuming that was the problem (I wasn't really coherent) and went back to bed.  For some reason I was still surprised when I woke up at 8:00 and my face still looked like Joan Rivers.  After using some eye drops the swelling did decrease quite a bit.  I slipped on my glasses for a slight disguise and decided I wasn't going to miss out on the 24th of July parade.

Besides the puffy face, we had a superb 24th.  The parade (with no tears from Henster), North Logan carnival if you dare call it that, family BBQ, golfing with the parents, and fireworks in the driveway.  Couldn't have asked for more!
  
 ^^Side note: Henley finally sprouted a tooth.  Thus, hands in mouth at all times playing with it.^^

 ^^Grandma telling her the in's and out's of the NL parade.^^
 ^^Our loot^^
 ^^Grandpa is teeing off - - watching very carefully.^^
 ^^Holding on for dear life in the golf cart.^^
 ^^Quickly realizing how much fun golf carts can be.^^
 ^^10 lbs eyelids plus no hair combing is a scary combo for me.  Enuf said.^^
^^The bugs were out to play and so were my eyelids.  If Henley could speak "Seriously Mom, is this necessary?"^^
^^The only one in the family whose ball didn't dribble two feet in front of them after attempting to tee off.^^

Still don't have a clue what was up with my face.  Happy Pioneer Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment