Monday, October 27, 2014

Mountain Biking - - Sorta

When I met Richard he was an avid mountain biker. He not only biked for fun and exercise, but he biked every where he went in Cache Valley. Work, school, activities -- you name it, he biked. I found this very endearing. So when I graduated from college, being engage to Richard, I thought it would be a good idea for my parents to get me a nice mountain bike for a gift. Unfortunately we only used it a couple of times before moving to mountainless Iowa and then to Illinois. Basically we have been on the hunt for some good trails to hit. Luckily, we found some pretty good trails here in Illinois. Come to find out, I'm no expert mountain biker especially with a toddler strapped to the back. Below is a great depiction of a lot of our adventure. I'm a wimp.

The picture above is completely staged. Rich never got a chance to ride with Henley. She is on this extreme Mother/Daughter kick. However, when we were riding this conversation happened.
Me: "Hen do you like the bumps?"
Hen: "More bumps, more bumps." x100
Hen: Suddenly gasps. "Ooooo. Stinky. Real stinky."
Me: "You're right. It does stink."
Hen: She proceeds to grab the waistband of the back of my pants like she is checking my diaper. "Mama, you poop?"
 
 ^^She insisted on climbing the tree after she saw several squirrels attempt and complete it successfully.^^
^^And here again is a mother/daughter moment where she demanded I do what Dad was doing. Complete weakling and failure.^^

Thanks again Rock Cut for the good quality time with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment