Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Wait, It's Not July 4th?!

So with all of the moving and getting settled we have been doing, I have fallen behind in the blogging world. Let's just pretend this weekend was July 4th, so I can feel better about myself. We had the Bliss' over for some grub and fireworks that night. We are so thankful they are here in Rockford. Henley and Cosy have become quite good little friends.

^^Henley was unsure of the fireworks all night, but didn't mind screaming and running away from them.^^

 ^^This picture is pathetic. Could I be showing more of my gums?! Sadly, it was the best one we got.^^

The next day we headed out to Rock Cut National Park and rented ourselves a family canoe. Best decision ever! Paddling across the still water, surrounded by mounds and mounds of trees was just what we needed. To be honest, Rich paddled most of the time by himself because I was on Henley duty. Below is our trusty paddler himself.

^^She wanted to be touching the water the ENTIRE time. I think I almost dropped her in the water about 100 times after my hands got too sweaty from holding her like this.^^
 ^^Best buds.^^


^^A toddler in a life jacket is a priceless picture. Also, her Sunday shoes with socks are the perfect canoeing footwear.^^

 ^^And then there was tons of this and tons of my heart almost stopping from fear.^^
^^And as always I wish I would have gotten a little more of this. Funny side note: Her and Richard sleep like that - - with their hand either on their cheek or under their chin. Genetics?^^

No comments:

Post a Comment