Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Every year since I have lived in Iowa I have wanted to go to a pumpkin patch and an apple orchard to pick our own produce.  Both of these activities need to be done in the day and since I am not currently working it was easier to cross one of these off the list this year.  I gotta be honest, I was a little disappointed.  On their website it said that we would be able to go into the pumpkin field and pick our own pumpkins.  Apparently the pumpkin field is a grassy area with only perfectly picked pumpkins.  It was fun and I’m glad we did it, but a little anti-climatic.    

The pumpkin patch visit occurred while my cute sister and her husband were in town.  They sure are troopers.  Firstly, they decided to DRIVE to Chicago (from Utah) for their fall break and along the way they were sweet enough to stop by Des Moines for a couple of days.  Also, they were super understanding about working around Henley’s feeding schedule and doing a lot of sitting around since at this point I was still quite frightened to take her out anywhere.  (Still not completely over that).  We had a ton of fun with them and probably provided a good dose of birth control they probably weren’t expecting :)

Sadly, the only picture I took with Sharice





Her first height chart...she was thrilled

No comments:

Post a Comment