Post pregnancy excitement
1. Clothes, clothes & more clothes – I have been dying to try out the colored jean trend and get some cute new patterned tops/dresses. Here are a few I’ve had my eye on. My wardrobe will also triple in size because hopefully after a few months I will be able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy items.
2. Working out – I can’t wait to bust a move on the treadmill or go to a class and actually be able to keep up. I’m finding myself winded these days just going up a few stairs. Also, having a goal and workout regime in mind is something I look forward to.
3. The Ta-Tas – This is a gross description I know, but seriously it is getting out of hand. I’m fully aware that these gallon jugs are going to get even larger while I am the main source of the baby’s food supply. A girl can look forward to the deflation, right? Call me crazy – I’ll probably change my mind after it happens.
4. Bending over – Sumo wrestler, squatting or panting lady is how I would describe myself when I pick things up these days. Everything is just sooooo squished.
What Will Be Missed
1. Feeling the baby move – If you haven’t experienced this yet, it is quite incredible peeps. Yes there are times when you get a good jab to the ribs or bladder but overall it is fantastic.
2. Lack of Working Out – I know this is contradicting what I already said. There are a lot of times though where I really have enjoyed slacking off and not feeling too guilty about it. It has been a nice break and I will miss having a good justification.
3. Pot Belly – Yep, I am really going to miss letting it all hang out. I can’t remember the last time I tried to “think skinny” as my dad would say. I don’t even know if my muscles will be able to recall how to suck it in. I guess we will see.
I hope some of you are in my boat and have or had a list of things you looked forward to after being pregnant. I would love to see what is on your list...
PS...Of course I am ecstatic/frightened for the actual baby and all it entails. It just seemed to obvious to list.